Old Port, Montreal
I seem to spend so few weekends at home that when I finally have one, I don't know what to do with myself and can never remember all the fun things I never have time for until Monday. To counteract this problem (and the sleep all day/watch TV all night possibility) I love making lists of fun things to remember.
A few of the things on my list at the moment:
- Visit some new (to me) vintage stores in Montreal with a friend
- Shop the amazing sales at The Bay and Holt Renfrew (basically no tax on anything this weekend so I may have to put my shopping ban on pause...eek, I have a problem).
- Host a Kitchen-is-finally-remodelled dinner party for family with a fun fall table centerpiece
- Buy the $20 necklace at The Bay that I can't stop thinking about
- See if Ben & Jerry's will honor the "free cone on your birthday" a few days after the actual day
- Go to Omer Deserres (Montreal craft store) and get inspired for a new art project
- Start the new art project!
- Pick a wallpaper for my office wall and start the remodel
- Go on a run
- Take my boyfriend shopping because he desperately needs a new wardrobe
- Brunch with my parents who are passing through this weekend on the way to a ballroom dance competition in Quebec
- Take more leisurely walks through the Old Port
- Check out the florist on Duluth and St-Denis for winter bouquets
These are some photos of my hurried walk through the Old Port to the Marche Bonsecours a few weeks ago for the annual fashion sample sale - La Grande Braderie de Mode. It's a fabulous sale where Quebec designers get rid of last season's samples at 50%-80% off which also means it turns into a fashion feeding frenzy. The only way to survive it (and not end up crying in a corner amidst the chaos) is to get there early (or just at an odd hour) the first day and have specific pieces in mind.
This year I wanted a leather jacket and walked out with exactly that plus a few other impulse buys I just couldn't resist:
Soia & Kyo: leather jacket ($200 down from $500 retail), leather gloves ($30 down from $80)
Mackage: 2 blouses for $30 each
Historical building and museum next to Place Jacques Cartier
Empty cobble stone street next to a secret walled in garden
Last fall leaves clinging to a vine